Thursday, March 10, 2011

Victim Turned Victor

I found myself checking through my closet to find an outfit for my latest pity party. Having attended many such parties before, I had several outfits to choose from. "Lonnie," God said, "You don't need pity. You need compassion and my compassions are new every morning." I exchanged my victim uniform for one of a victor.(see Lamentations 3:22-23)

This lesson is huge!

I'd been intentionally wielding the Sword of the Spirit against Satan and the battles he was throwing my way. When I was making little headway, God reminded me that I needed the "full" armor of God. I'd forgotten to take up the shield of faith. (Ephesians 6:16) God, I don't have faith. I can't stir it up. I can't produce it on demand. He reminded me to fix my eyes on Jesus, "the author and perfecter of our faith." (Hebrews 12:2) He reminded me also that "faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ." (Romans 10:17)

This post is full of Scripture, but how immensely blessed I am to have it at my disposal. Christians all over the world are without the written Word of God. Please read His Word and read it often. Here's why: "the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." (John 14:26 NIV) He can't "remind" you of something you've never read or heard. Don't put super-sized goals out there -- an hour or two daily. Start with 15 minutes. Soon enough, you'll find that time stretching because you'll enjoy the feeling of a full and satisfied spirit.

Have you learned any HUGE lessons lately? If so, did God's Word play a part of that lesson?

Great is His Faithfulness!
Lonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment