Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Secret Choices

One of my greatest hurts is when I've grown and no one noticed. In fact, when I've been rebuked in the very area I've grown in. I may have stretched mightily to engage in something social. I may have chosen to not be hurt so easily. I may have learned to rejoice with those who rejoice -- when envy or covetousness would have been my previous response. I might have learned to do those ugly tasks (home or work) without grumbling, judging or feeling sorry for myself.

Much of that hard work is done in the closet of our heart. That place where only God sees.

I've been on both sides of this problem. My daughter has made incredible progress in an area of her life and "I" have been the one to rebuke her when she slipped up.

You've been there. I know. It hurts, doesn't it?

Linda Dillow, in Calm My Anxious Heart, writes something she heard God saying to her: "Linda, make secret choices that will honor Me. Though no one sees your choices or knows how difficult they are, make them for Me." (p. 32)

What secret choices have "you" made? Have you been corrected when you felt you should have been complimented? Know this: God Sees.

Others do too. Sometimes, when we get new glasses or change our hair style, others know something is different but just can't put their finger on it. So it is with your growth and mine.

When you experience a victory in one of those tough areas, share with a friend so that you have someone to celebrate with. And keep on making those "secret choices" that "will" honor God.

Growing Along With You,
Lonnie



No comments:

Post a Comment