Wednesday, March 7, 2012

We Remember What We Ponder

"If you write down a verse or a passage that challenges or encourages you, and reflect on it often for a week or more, you will find it beginning to affect your motives and actions. We forget quickly what we read once; we remember what we ponder."

If you've never purchased a LifeChange Bible study by Navpress, treat yourself. The Bible study hints are worth the price.

The above hint is one Ray follows and follows well. Me? Not so much. Sitting still and quiet doesn't work for me. But I have found that when I tape Scripture verses to my bathroom mirror, they seem to find their way into my prayers. And I also find that when I get frustrated with, say, a co-worker, the Holy Spirit brings the verse to my rememberance.

I'm likely, in future blogs, to share some other hints from LifeChange. What hints for Bible study or Devotion times have you read about and hope to try? Or what have you tried that worked? Or didn't work?

Are you growing? Me, too?
Lonnie

LifeChange Series: Isaiah p.7

No comments:

Post a Comment