Thursday, March 1, 2012

Impatient Gardener

" . . . the Word is a seed. Seeds are small and may be long dormant; seeds have to be hidden; and when they sprout, they are of slow growth.

"Because the action of God's Word is hidden and unobserved, we do not believe in its power. . . The Word I study . . . will work in me all I need, and all the Father asks." Andrew Murray*


When I plant a garden, I plant radishes for two reasons: 1) My husbands enjoys them. 2) They sprout and bear fruit quickly. Squash? That's a different story! I have to water, weed, and watch for 3 months. When I don't see edible fruit after 2 months, do I give up and pull out the plants? No. I wait . . . a little longer.

When it seems like our quiet times add nothing to our days; when we don't see changes in ourselves or in the world around us, we need to keep planting. We need to keep reading, praying and watching. God is working in ways we may not see.

"In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and WAIT IN EXPECTATION." (emphasis mine) Psalm 5:3 NIV

Always Needy--Ever Growing,
Lonnie

*Daily Experience With God
Andrew Murray (p.35-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment