Saturday, February 4, 2012

Any Suggestions?

My morning Bible study required that I read two chapters over again. Ugh!

I love God's Word. Why is that an issue? Because . . . it slows my pace. I'm goal oriented--all about completing. And I love learning. When I finish this study, I can start another one. And "that's" what a quiet time is about?

Though I'd kicked myself for buying another book, I became convinced that God had put this one by Andrew Murray in my path. Murray's words echoed the ones I'd been hearing in my heart.

"Christian, there is a terrible danger to which you stand exposed in your inner chamber of prayer. You are in danger of sustituting prayer and Bible study for living fellowship with God."

It's so hard for me to "settle in." I enjoy God's Word. He wants me to enjoy Him.

Any suggestions?

Ever Growing,
Lonnie

* Daily Experience With God
Andrew Murray (p.13)

No comments:

Post a Comment