Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What Do You Call Your Time With God?

One morning, a co-worker spotted me at the coffee shop. With books, journal, and Bible sprawled over the table, she asked, "Whatcha up to?" When I told her I was having a Quiet Time, she smiled. It had been a long time since she'd heard that term.

What do you call your time with God?

I think many, today, call their Bible reading time "devotions." Andrew Murray, in Daily Experience With God, shares other possibilities:

Quiet Hour
Still Hour
Quiet Time
Morning Watch

I love the last one. "Watch," to me, speaks of anticipation.

Do you come to your Quiet Time with anticipation?

I have to say, I struggle every single morning to rise before the rest of the family to have a "quiet" time. But once the coffee's hot and the Bible is open, I come with expectancy. What will God reveal of Himself? How will He speak to me of current circumstances?

I'm so looking forward to hearing from you. Share your struggles. Share your questions. Share your successes. Let's help each other.

Ever Growing,
Lonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment