Monday, January 10, 2011

Pursing Excellence

A reminder that I'm working on consistency, these days, rather than perfection. So, this will likely be short, which I hope to strive for in future posts.

As I drove to Caribou, this morning,for my dollar coffee, I listened to a Christian radio station. I wanted to hear the message on marriage, but knew I'd be working on my blog. Prayer was more important. I turned the radio off. My prayer went something like this:

God, I don't want my blog to be an exercise, something on my "to do" list. Let the words I write be meaningful to my readers--albeit, God, I've not even let my blog be known to more than Ray. So help me to take that step.

My biggest concern, whether here or for publication, is that I handle Your Word accurately. Help me, and all Your wordsmiths (preachers, missionaries, homeschoolers, worship leaders, writers, teachers, etc.) determine the truth of what we read or what we write by comparing it to Your Word. And God, here's a real quandry. If pride preceeds a fall, at what point does pursuing excellence become pride? Amen.

Maybe "you" can be part of God's answer. For me, as a writer, I must meet an editor's standards in order for an article to be accepted for publication. I "must" pursue excellence or lose my opportunity to minister. A worship leader wants to draw people into God's presence; he/she doesn't want them distracted by mediocrity, nor by too much flare. So, what do you think? Any suggestions? Scriptures?

Ever Growing,
Lonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment