Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Book Fast #3

Good Morning.

This won't be a Polished Post (Hey. There's a future title.) Tell me, what should it be about?

I won't be including any quotes, today, as I'm fasting from books. This is my third week (one day per week), when I've set aside Christian growth books, commentaries, and novels in order to give myself completely to the Bible. I missed my 10-15 minute bed and book time this morning, but I'm excited about what God is doing in my life.

This morning, I eyed the cantaloupe on my kitchen counter, hoping I'd chosen an aromatic, sweet, and juicy (but crisp) fruit. It made me think of my book fast. After a season of eating "stored" apples, or oranges, or shipped from who-knows-where melons, the taste of rippened-on-the vine, in-season fruit is incredible! I'm finding, that after long seasons of reading man's (woman's) interpretation of God's Word, the "real thing" is absolutely refreshing and nourishing. I find myself wanting more. And more. That's a good thing, right?

I read God's Word daily. It just seems that the concerted effort of reading "nothing-but" is awakening my hunger. I feel a communion with God growing and I find myself longing for an even deeper communion.

Well friends, not polished, but hopefully motivating. I've a few minutes before work to hang out with Jeremiah or to return to my devotional Scriptures.

Who have you been hanging out with lately? Paul? Peter? Hosea? Joyce Meyer? Anne Graham Lotz? Jim Cymbala?

I am so thankful for men and women that God has gifted with teaching. I'm grateful that He has allowed me to write. But, I pray today that God causes the Body of Christ to hunger and thirst for His Word.

Ever Growing,
Lonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment